Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How an impatient mother sounds like to an observer

Yesterday while I was at the bakery, I heard a mother barking to her little boy and girl impatiently.

"Your birthday is 3 more days! Come on! ...... bark bark bark bark."

All the while the little girl and boy pestered her about the cake they wanted. "Mummy I want this, Mummy I want that." She brushed them off impatiently wanting only to hurry up and get the task of buying what she came there to buy and leaving.

She sounds just like me! To an observer or outsider, they may shake their heads at this mother and think ......Oh come on. Its just a small thing. The child just wants a little bit of your attention. Why can't you smile, speak nicely to her and say. "Its not your birthday yet dear, we'll come back another day ok?"

Yes thats true but only a mother who goes through all that daily pestering can emphatize with what she is going through and see it from her point of view. Having said that though, she still sounds terrible to me. My goodness! That must be how I sound like to Mr MG everyday!!!! Hahahaha.

No wonder he's always telling me. "Why don't you just relax and take it easy with the kids." Now that would tempt me to say "Then why don't you see if you can stay 24 hours with them and still relax and take it easy." And that would tempt him to say "Then why don't we switch places. You go to work and I stay at home." Then we would have World War Three at home. Lol!

MG's mantra today: I shall not speak impatiently to the kids. I shall not speak impatiently to the kids.

Popular Posts